- Advertisement -
Goa is not only popular for its fish & seafood specialities but is also known for its meat preparations especially pork & beef. Beef chilly fries is loved & enjoyed throughout the year irrespective of festive occasions.
Beef Chilly Fry
A tasty dish for an evening supper. Tender beef cooked gently with potatoes and onions , flavoured with mild spices.
Write a review
- 500g lean steak beef, cubed
- 2 medium potatoes, cubed
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp ginger/garlic paste
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 2 flakes of garlic, chopped
- 1/2 inch ginger, chopped
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- Salt & pepper
- Freshly chopped coriander for garnish
- 1. Marinate the beef in ginger/garlic paste, turmeric, chilli powder , vinegar and season with salt & pepper.
- 2. In a saucepan, boil the beef in 1/2 cup water. Cook until beef is tender. Keep aside.
- 3. In the same saucepan, boil the potatoes in the same beef stock (water used to boil the beef)Cook until potatoes are tender. Drain and keep aside. Keep the stock.
- 4. In a pan, heat the oil, fry the chopped ginger, garlic and green chilli. Add the onions, sauté until onions are translucent.
- 5. Add the beef and mix well. Add a little stock.
- 6. Mix in the tomato puree and cumin powder. Season well . Cook for few minutes.
- 7. Garnish with chopped coriander. Serve hot.