Hot and tangy Goa Sausage tastes delicious no matter what you combine it with! In this easy to cook pulao, it makes for a delicious, wholesome meal.
GOAN SAUSAGE PULAO
The Sausages or Choriso as they are called in local language are often ranked number one on the shopping list of any tourist visiting Goa.
Write a review
- • 2 cups basmati rice (washed and drained)
- • 4 cups water (boiling)
- • 20 small goan sausages - chopped
- • 2 medium onions - chopped
- • 2 medium tomatoes - chopped
- • 1/4 tsp turmeric pwd
- • 1/4 tsp chilli pwd
- • 1 tsp corinadar pwd
- • 1 small maggi cube
- • 1 tbsp ginger & garlic paste salt to taste
- • 1 tbsp oil
- • whole garam masala - 4 cloves,
- • 1 inch cinnamom piece,
- • 6 peppercorns,
- • 1-2 cardamom,
- • 2 bay leaves (tejpatta) coriander leaves and potato french fries or wedges(cooked) for garnish
- 1. Heat oil in a pan.
- 2. Add the whole garam masala and let it splutter.
- 3. Add in the chopped onions and fry till soft.
- 4. Then add the tomatoes and ginger garlic paste and fry till oil starts leaving from the pan.
- 5. Put in the chopped sausages and stir fry adding the powdered masala. Add the washed rice, salt and crumbled maggi cube and stir till rice is well coated with the masala.
- 6. Pour in 4 cups of boiling hot water.
- 7. Simmer on low flame till pulao is done.
- 8. Garnish with chopped fresh coriander leaves and the potato fries or wedges.