Edcon Real Estate Developers
Edcon Real Estate Developers, a partnership firm was established in the year 1995 by two young entrepreneurs Eng . Edwin Menezes and Eng. Cedric Vaz, both civil engineers by profession. The firm is engaged in the field of construction and real estate development for the last thirteen years. The firm is presently operating from their brand new ownership office, which is located on the fifth floor of Siddharth Bandodkar Bhavan, Above Axis Bank Ltd, Dr. P. Shirgaonkar Road, Panaji Goa. The firm has undertaken projects mainly in Central Panjim, prime areas of Campal, Dona Paula, Porvorim and Mapusa city. While growing in the business, the firm has consolidated on their culture which is to stand out for quality, aesthetically designed projects, timely completion. Presently the firm is the enjoying the trust of numerous land owners of Panjim city who have entrusted a lot of prime land to be developed by the firm. Stability, transparency and innovation are the key focus areas of the firm.
Edcon Real Estate Developers after being set up in the year 1995 started business mainly by taking up contract works of construction of buildings. They successfully completed a factory project “Himform” in Kundaim Industrial Estate in the year1995. In the year 1996-97 they built up the entire higher secondary wing of Don Bosco High School in Panjim within a record period of time. Besides these projects they successfully completed several projects in Candolim, Calangute, Porvorim and Altinho-Panjim.
- It was in 1997 that Edcon took up their first ownership project in Bambolim- Alto Santa Cruz, a suburb of Panjim city. Designed and conceived entirely by the two partners, EDCON ENCLAVE turned out to be a beautiful residential complex of 12 apartments with amenities like stilted car park and 24 hr water, amenities which changed demographics of real estate in the Panjim suburbs. The project was handed over in 1999.
- In 1998 they put up a Ground plus 5 storey building in Panjim city on the prime 18th June Road named EDCON MINUM RESIDENCY. The building was completed in 2000 and houses the HDFC Bank on the ground floor. HDFC bank has since moved into the upper floors of the building also.
- Edcon Centre a ground plus 3 stories building was completed in the year 2001-2003 Located on the main market street of Mapusa city the building is a landmark with Axis Bank occupying the entire ground floor. Other occupants include HDFC Mutual Fund and Birla Sun Life.
- In 2002 EDCON ENCLAVE PHASE II and EDCON VILLAS a row houses project in Porvorim were taken up. Both the projects have since been handed over.
- Another project in Panjim city on Dr A.B Road was launched in July 2003 named as EDCON TAMBA BUILDING. The building is a ground plus 5 structure with just one luxurious apartment on each floor. The building presently houses Amway Corporation on the ground floor and second floor.
- Another project was launched in Dona Paula known as EDCON PARADISE a development of plots covering an area of 21,000 sq. mts. The project started in 2003 is designed with well layed out open spaces, drainage systems and underground electrical, telephone and TV cabling.
- Recently Edcon completed another project EDCON SIDDARTH BANDODKAR BHAVAN, in Panjim city designed with all modern amenities. It houses the Axis Bank on the ground and first floor. It has multiple firsts in the industry. It is the first building in Panjim city which has a full fledged basement floor car park, house keeping of the building by a professional firm.