A traditional Goan crab curry a blend of rich spices and coconut.
CRAB XEC XEC
A traditional Goan crab curry a blend of rich spices and coconut
Write a review
- 4 medium Crabs, cleaned
- 5 tbsp desicated coconut, (can use fresh grated too)
- 5 Kashmiri chillies
- 2 Green chilies, slit
- 2-3 flakes of garlic
- small piece of ginger
- 2 tbsp Coriander seeds
- 5-6 Black peppercorns
- 2-3 cloves
- 2 Onions, medium, sliced
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric
- Small pinch of tamarind soaked in hot water
- Salt for seasoning
- 1. Wash the crabs, break into half, remove the legs if required. Add salt.
- 2. In a pan, roast the coconut until light brown(do not add any oil)
- 3. Roast the chillies , add the finely chopped onions.
- 4. In a blender grind the coconut, roasted chillies, onions, garlic, ginger and the spices. Add the water in which the tamarind was soaked, making sure not to add any seeds. Add water if required.
- 5. Heat oil add the paste and cook until it starts to bubble.
- 6. Add the crabs, mix well .Add water, if required, cover and cook.
- Season with salt and add the slit green chillies.