- Advertisement -
Quick and easy pork chops, with a cumin and pepper dry rub, pan fried to perfection. Pork chops are one of the easiest meats to grill.
Goan Pork Chops
Write a review
- 4-6 pork loin fillets
- 4-5 flakes of garlic
- 1-1.5 inch garlic
- 1 large lemon
- 8-10 green chillies (small)
- 1 tsp whole cumin seeds
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 4-5 peppercorns
- Salt for seasoning
- Semolina for coating the meat.
- 1. Using a meat tenderizer, hammer each loin into thin fillets. Make sure you place a cling film below and above the loin before hammering, this will avoid meat to stick to the hammer.
- 2. In a blender, mix together the rest of the ingredients. If needed little water can be added if paste is too thick.Season with salt
- 3. Marinate the meat with this masala , season with salt and pepper. Leave overnight.
- 4. In a pan, heat oil. Coat each fillet with semolina on either side, make sure the meat is well coated.
- 5. Fry each fillet in hot oil for couple of minutes either side, until crisp and meat is cooked.
- 6. Serve with Goan cabbage salad. This is made from finely chopped cabbage, tomatoes, red onions, freshly shopped coriander , seasoned with vinegar, salt and a dash of sugar.
- You could make a sandwich using ciabatta bread & ketchup.